Today we released a scheduled update for the Apigee API Platform, which gives free open access to the same enterprise-grade API Platform used by industry leaders like Walgreens, eBay and AT&T.
This update delivers the following new features and improvements.
- Enhanced system security with two new out-of-the-box roles: Business User and Operations Admin. Using these new roles, administrators have finer-grained control over how users interact with entities on the API Platform, significantly improving control and governance of your API program. Learn more about adding and managing users and provisioning roles.
- Convenient and practical grouping of developers and apps: You can now see grouping of developers and apps based on the owning organization (displayed as a Company in the UI)
- Deeper visibility into your API configuration - display of multiple target service endpoints in your flow in the policy editor UI.
- Updates to the App API based on developer feedback. We enabled greater flexibility (i.e. looser validation) of app names. Learn more.
API Delivery Network (API-DN)
We've added support for API Delivery Network (API-DN), which provides the following features:
- Geographically distributed infrastructure
- High availability through transparent Gateway service failover
- Flexible Routing: “Intelligent” DNS Routing allows routing based on geo-location of client or internet routing conditions
- Globally distributed cache and quota to improve performance and scalability
- Integrated analytics to synthesize data across all regions, providing a comprehensive, world-wide view of your API program
For information about Apigee API Platform Deployment models (cloud and on-premises) including a discussion of API-DN, see Apigee API Platform: Deployment Models.
We can’t wait to see what you will build with us. Sign up to get started right away.