I'm delighted to announce that a new release of our Developer Tools. Actually, we've been plugging away on releases on a monthly basis for the last 6 months and now it has really come together. Seriously, there are some huge changes. A short summary is provided below.
The console speaks for itself. We have indeed been "working" and below the picture are the release highlights.
All new features!
- All Resources are surfaced to the user along with indication of which require authentication and deep-links to the API Provider's doc. All of this is generated from the WADL. This is a great step for both API providers wishing to make their own To-Go Console and for Developers.
- We automatically surface all of the parameters for every resource through the GUI along with parameter-level docs with links if we have them.
- Users can set the user-agent for requests.
- Support for WADLs with multiple end points in the same Console. Better for providers and easier developers to use.
is a template param.
- Bookmark Console requests. Yes, you can save all the settings and parameters to make a request.
For example, say I wanted to instruct you on the Youtube
I could simply provide a link and it would load the console ready to make the request. Go on, try it!
As you can see, this will give you a list of great Apigee videos in atom format.
This can also be used by API providers to make it easy for developers to instantly try examples from their reference documentation, on discussion boards, or email threads.
- Compression of WADLs to improve page load time. We are going to be working quite a bit more on performance.
We also included a large number of upgrades and bug fixes:
- Upgrades to Providers page; improved navigation and more.
- Bug fixes: hundreds over the last few months.
- V2 Console Migration
- All but one of our Consoles has been moved to our v2 platform!
- New! v2 Support following authentication schemes: HTTP Basic Auth, Custom Token, Two-legged OAuth, and OAuth refresh token.
- Resolved Google Authentication issues enabling all of the Google Consoles
- 5 Refreshed Consoles
Have a desire to see an API included that we don't have? Send requests to email@example.com.
Facebook (added the Search endpoint)
Google AdSense (Management)
Google Mail (Settings)
Updated Consoles. APIs are best served fresh!TM