In June, we offered a 100% brand new version of our mobile app training for Objective-C (Native) development with XCode & Cocoa Touch. The video recording, slides, and the code from the live session are below.
If you’re a developer and have always wanted to dive into native (non-HTML5) mobile apps but didn’t know where to start, this webcast has everything you need to get started.
If you want to follow along, you will need an Apple computer with XCode 4.0 or above. We assume some programming experience (basics like variables, functions & loops, in any programming language). If you want to brush up and set your computer up before the training, we highly recommend completing at least Level 1 of Code School’s iOS class.
- The Objective-C syntax and its quirks
- iOS UI Design patterns
- Using an API backend to store & retrieve your mobile app data
- How to submit your app to the App Store
- The template project. https://github.com/
- The completed project. https://github.com/
The video and slides are below. Having trouble seeing some of hte detailed screens on the video? Try using the WEBEX replay.